Sunday, April 12, 2015

Tres Ojos






























Name:Tres Ojos
Variety:Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price$:6.95

Winery review:
88 points – Robert Parker
"The 2012 Tres Ojos Garnacha contains 15% Tempranillo (I wonder why), and unoaked cuvĂ©e of 200,000 bottles that matures in vat for at least seven months before bottling. What I tasted was a very honest, fresh and fruit-driven red with aromas of cherries, garrigue and thyme with a medium-bodied palate, some weight and tannins that would do better with food. This is a red that sells for a song.”

My review: 
To begin I loved the name of this one! three eyes was really weird so it really got my attention simply from that. Though it really wasn't all that incredible so i was in a sense let down by this wine. I have a weird fruity taste that I didn't particularly like but it was still bitter which was a bit odd in my mind. I felt mixed on this one because while its was fruity it still was bitter so I would say it was alright. I would drink it again and have it with food as was instructed but honestly wouldn't go out of my way to get this one. Though the cheap price did entice me I in the end chose not to buy this one since again wasn't really enough to grab me.

 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment