Sunday, April 19, 2015

Rare Red



































Name:Rare Red
Variety:Zinfeandel,Petite Syrah, Petite Verdot, Merlot
Region: California
Country: United States
Year:(didn't state)
Price $:9.95

Winery review:   

A multi-vintage blend of Zinfandel, Petite Verdot, Petite Syrah, and Merlot that is full-bodied and fruit forward with a spicy and complex finish. This wine has been partially barrel aged for eight months in American and French oak.

My review: 
Weird! honestly that was my first and lasting impression to this wine. It wasn't exactly bad in the sense where I drank it but didn't shudder, at the same time though I wasn't exactly pushing it away. I liked and disliked parts of it. I liked that It was oaky and that the mid taste was actually a little spicy with a lot of bitterness but it was a weird ride the whole way thru as best to describe it. I would try it again and would like to try a bottle by its self. so in that sense i would recommend it to others and will probably come back to try a bottle myself if time allows.
 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment