Sunday, April 5, 2015

Peter Mertes


























Name:Peter Mertes
Variety:Riesling Platinum
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2013
Price:$8.95

Winery review:
This quality Riesling is crisp, clean and easy drinking. Floral and fruit aromas suggest sweet melon and honey with enough acidity to ensure a beautifully balanced and versatile wine.
My review: 
I kinda chuckled when I read that it was a "Riesling Platinum" made me imagine that it was "fancy" solely because of the name. Though like other whites I didn't really enjoy this one. Seemed to me that the sweet mixed with acid is a bit bleh for me thought this one wasn't so overpowering as other so I could see drinking it if offered but I wouldn't go out of my way to drink it.

 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment