Sunday, April 12, 2015

Torre Castillo





























Name:Torre Castillo
Variety:Cosecha Monastrell
Region: Jumilla
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price$:7.95

Winery review:

89 points - Stephen Tanzer
100% Monastrell, aged in American oak for four months. Bright ruby. Powerful, spicy aromas of dark berry preserves and lavender. Fleshy and round on the palate, offering spicy blackberry and blueberry flavors and gaining sweetness with air. Finishes smooth, long and slightly warm. "

My review: 
I liked this one the best this week. Mostly because it was the most bitter/spicy of them all this week. That taste is my personal favorite so this one was right up my alley. The ending while i was told was going to be smooth wasn't so with me personally. It seemed to just linger in my mouth even after a minute or so. While with other wines I would dislike this since I liked the taste of this one I rather enjoyed that. I wouldn't recommend this one personally because while it was the best in my mind for this week it was really anything to particularly find amazing. So while good I would say this one is average.

 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment