Sunday, April 5, 2015

Charles Thomas


























Name:Charles THomas
Variety:Cotes du Rhone
Region: Rhone
Country: France 
Year: 2013
Price:$8.95

Winery review: 

50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, 10% Mourvèdre. 56 Ha grown organically since March 2009 (in conversion). Part of the vineyard is plowed with horses. Average age of the vines : 30 years old. Clear ruby wine with overtones of red berry fruits. Round and supple with smooth aftertaste. A good all round red wine for meat courses, poultry and light cheeses. Best drunk now while fresh with good keeping up to 4 years.
My review: 
I had mixed feelings about this one. For me the aftertaste was rather nice sine it seemed to tone down in the fruit taste from the beginning of which I didn't actually like more so cause I thought it was suppose to be a red so normally I make the thought that it would be a bit bitter. Sadly I don't think I would reccomend this one out its not bad per say just not what I wanted in the red.


 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment