Sunday, April 26, 2015

Le Clou








































Name:Le Clou(the full name is long)
Variety:Macon-Peronne
Region: Burgundy
Country:France
Year:2012
Price $7.95

Winery review:   




Made from 100% Chardonnay. Sustainable agriculture: very low use of chemicals.  Their philosophy is to produce a wine in the traditional style of Mâcon, with minimal intervention and not use of Oak.  The soils is made of Clay and Limestone (Argilo-Calcaire) and the parcels are located right next to Viré Clessé Appelatio.  A light golden hue, floral aromas. Intense, clean and fresh on the palate. Citrus notes, bold acidity. Excellent match to seafood with butter or cream sauces or rich blue cheeses.

 My review: 
I was very confused at first when the server went at length to talk about the ground and other features the wine grew up in and they made it a point to say low amounts of chemicals were used thus the flavor would be different. So like I have done with all the other whites that I have tried these last weeks I tried my best to expect something different and not have a negative mindset going in. I was not convinced yet again sadly. Although I say this I can definitely tell that this wine is a step up in grade if you will to the other whites that I have tried before. I don't fully know the vocabulary to explain what I tasted but the best way that I can explain it is that it wasn't as sharp as other whites that I've had before.I wouldnt recommend this to any college students since at 20 bucks you should know ahead of time if you like it or not but it was a nice little try to say the least.
 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment