Sunday, April 5, 2015

Terre di Poggio Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

























Name:Terre di poggio
Variety:Laude 
Region: Abruzzo
Country: Italy 
Year: 2012
Price:$8.95

Winery review: 
This opens with dark aromas of leather, tobacco, cured meat, plum and prune. It shows soft tannins and loads of dark fruit on the finish.
 
My review: 
I really really liked this one. It was obviously a dark red but was very strange. It smelled very strongly of plum to me. Taste wise though it was a strange mix of plum mixed with a bitterness that was very strong and since I got the tail end of the bottle there was a little grit or something maybe left over from another bottle. This wine also had the strange sensation that it lingered when it was finished and seemed to coat my tongue I was tempted to buy this one but opted not to since I was shopping for groceries and used too much money. I would recommend though.


 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment