Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tarima-Monastrell






































Name:Tarima
Variety:Monastrell
Region: Alicante
Country:Spain
Year:2013
Price $9.95

Winery review:   

90 pts, Stephen Tanzer
Bright purple.  High-pitched red and dark berry scents show good clarity and pick up a licorice nuance with air.  Tangy and focused on the palate, offering juicy black raspberry and spicecake flavors with an exotic touch of candied violet.  Closes spicy and long, with silky tannins building slowly and adding gentle grip.  This is a fantastic value.

 My review: 
I felt this one like the bera were scored too high. Then again I know next to nothing about wines professionally. This wine to me was rather fruity, the licorice taste however killed it for me. I personally hate licorice with a passion and while I was told by the server that it had a taste of it I still chose to test the wine just to see if by chance this one changed my view's on licorice. I didn't not to say that it was bad again it was more of a person dislike due to the licorice taste. I would say that others should try it because my friends that went with me didn't even notice it so it could have just been in my mind since I was told about it.
 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment