Sunday, April 10, 2016

Maipe
























































Name:Maipe
Variety: Malbec 
Region: Mendoza 
Country: Argentina
Year: 2015
Price: Regular Price $12 Sale $6.95

Winery review:    
"The 2015 Maipe Malbec is another 100% Malbec, with a deep purple color and a style similar to the Lexicon, with chocolaty, blackcurrant and blackberry fruit, as well as touches of licorice and earth. It is delicious, soft and round." - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate (March 2016), 87 pts - Excellent Wine Values for Under $25
My review:
I actually liked this wine. It was a touch sweet but it wasn't overwhelming and with it had the licorice taste that I adore as odd as I know that sounds. The wine also had a weird lingering mouth feel which the other wines this week didn't have, what I mean by that is that the taste that the wine had after the initial taste didn't really go away for me it stuck in the back of my tongue which I actually liked.I would actually recommend this wine I also bought a bottle of this one so that again says how much I liked this one.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment