Saturday, April 16, 2016

El Cortijillo





























































Name:El Cortijillo
Variety: Verdejo
Region: La Monacha
Country: Spain
Year: 2014
Price: $5.95

Winery review:    
90 Points – Beverage Testing Institute "Golden straw color. Bright, attractive, tropical aromas of creme brulee and fruit tart with a silky, bright, dry-yet-fruity light-to-medium body and a smooth, intriguing, snappy lime and apple finish with crunchy, fruit tannins and light oak. A super smooth and pure white sipper.
 
My review:
This was so weird. I liked it then hated it at different times within the tasting. At first it tasted fruity and acidic with a taste of alcohol which I didn't like but then the tannin bitterness that I really like which reminded me a bit of old green tea which again I liked. So it was more of a take a bad hit in the beginning to then have a good mid and after taste but I don't think I would ever buy this wine personally.
 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment