Sunday, March 1, 2015

Takutai










Name: Takutai
Variety: Pinot Gris
Region:Nelson 
Country:New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $21 (sale for $6.95)


Winery review:Since this wine weighs in at 14%, the fruit was clearly very ripe. That ripeness is reflected in the flavors as well, which feature nectarine and honey accented by hints of white pepper. It’s full bodied and lush, with a long finish that mingles the sensations of sweet and spicy.

My review: This one was quite weird. its had a peppery taste as the review above says and I thought that this would put me off since pepper is a very strong taste in foods. Honestly though the mix with sweetness and citrus was unique i really haven't had anything like this before and while it was quite cheap compared to what it would be normally i opted out of buying this one since I usually only buy one of the wines each week to share. Though I would honestly tell others to give this one a taste its honestly one that I would say you have to try at least once to just experience it.Also the name is fun to say out loud!

***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment