Sunday, March 1, 2015

Crane Lake Petite












Name: Crane Lake
Variety: Petite Sirah
Region:California 
Country:USA
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Winery review:Shows a certain rustic simplicity now, with youthfully jammy flavors of blackberries, cherries and currants, sprinkled with cocoa and pepper and wrapped into dusty tannins.

My review: I actually liked this one and was surprised too since as I was getting the tasting I was told this one would be simpler then most i've ever tried before. I actually like that to me it tasted like something you would definitely have to eat something with it so that it can contrast the flavor of the food. I was sad that I didn't bring any food or snacks to test my theory and since by this time I already set my sights to buy the yellow tail I told myself to come back again and buy a bottle to test my theory. But back to the wine it was quite simple as said before it was like a berry bath mixed with wine but again wasn't really a great strong taste but seemed that it had to be paired with something. That it was needing something I really cant explain my feeling i had with this one aside from that I felt that it needed something.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment