Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tonnino






















































Name:Tonnino
Variety: Pinot grigio
Region: Sicily
Country: Italy
Year: 2014
Price: Regular Price $14 Sale $7.95

Winery review:    
Tonnino’s exotic example of Pinot Grigio has a straw to pale gold color. It is fresh and clean on the nose with fruity notes of pear, green apple and white peaches. The palate is true to the nose with a fresh acidity, coriander and lime notes followed by a crisp finish. This wine pairs well with youthful aperitifs, clams or mussels, pastas and risotto dishes.
 
My review:
This one was weird to me. I felt that I liked it when I first sip it since it has a kind of fresh or soda pop kinda feeling. An example is if you were outside all day then took a drink of something cool with a little carbonation this to me gave that feeling at first. Then midway thru it changes to something with fruit and aerosol like taste which I didn't like all that much but i feel that if I keep drinking it the taste would grow on me. So again a weird one I wish I could have more of this one, I may go back and ask for another type to see if they all have this feeling.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment