Sunday, March 27, 2016

Crane Lake Shiraz




















































Name:Crane Lake
Variety: Shiraz
Region: California 
Country:USA
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95

Winery review:    


Beautiful ruby appearance, with blackberry and pepper notes. Tannins and fruit marry well for a soft finish. This wine pairs well with sharp cheddar cheese and hazelnuts. Also try it along with roast lamb at Easter time, veal marsala, or grilled salmon.
My review:
This one I wanted to try with the salmon as instructed because to me it felt that it would really pair well it was bitter but not so much as other dry wines that really pucker my mouth. It felt as though it was to be paired with something and since I am still to inexperienced to have a guess I will try today on easter sunday to see if it does indeed pair with salmon. I hesitate to recommend since I feel that alone this wine may not stand and I would say for sure after eating dinner tonight.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment