Saturday, March 19, 2016

Peter Mertes

















































Name:Peter Mertes
Variety: Sweet Red Dornfelder
Region: California
Country:Germany
Year: 204
Price: Regular Price $18 Sale $9.95

Winery review:    
The trademark German red grape varietal Dornfelder has a lovely purity of soft red berry fruit. Integrated soft tannins combined with forward fruit flavors make for a perfectly balanced everyday sipping wine. Great with grilled red meat, sausage and chicken. Best served slightly chilled.

My review:
I had really mixed feelings with this one and was really curious about this one. I felt to me like I could drink this anytime really and I liked it. It reminded me of another wine named "sweet red roo" that I actually like. The reason I get confused by this one is because it is sweet and generally I dislike sweet but this is also a bit bitter as well because of the tannins so i feel that it works out.
 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment