Sunday, February 22, 2015

Petrucco









Name: Petrucco
Variety: Ribolla Gialla
Region: Friuli
Country: Italy
Year: 2009
Price: $21 (sale for $7.95)

Winery review:
This well-priced Friulano would pair nicely with spicy Indian or Thai food thanks to the creaminess and richness of its mouthfeel. In addition, the wine offers a solid bouquet of peach and melon that would not compete with fragrant ingredients 100% Ribolla Gialla.




87 points –Wine Enthusiast

My review: This one I had mixed feelings with honestly. It kinda seemed to wash all tastes out of my mouth and replace it with the wine which was a bit fruity but surprisingly creamy which I haven't experienced truly. By that I mean usually when I taste things my taste buds seem to be lacking and i either get a bitter or sour or sweet taste with hints of flavors and nothing more. Yet with this one I could actually tell the taste/texture of creamy if that is a thing one can describe. I was tempted to by a bottle since it was a fairly reduced price but decided not to since I didn't have an immediate positive feeling towards it. I would recommend it if for no other reason that I was able to taste a different type of flavor but I feel i need more than just one taste to figure if I truly like it or was just surprised at the new experience.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment