Sunday, February 22, 2015

Riebeek Cellars Shiraz







Name: Riebeek Cellers
Variety: Shiraz
Region: Swartland, South africa
Country: South Africa
Year: 2013
Price:$12 ($6.95 sale price)

Winery review: Often referred to as Shiraz Country, the Riebeek Valley is renowned for exceptional Shiraz wines. The Riebeek Shiraz is a lively rich wine, full bodied with a subdued smokiness on the nose and a pallet of ripe fruit and interesting spice.

My review: Ehh, honestly that was the best way to describe this wine in my opinion, it was a darker wine which i liked but for some reason the aftertaste was a bit tart? or smokey I'm not sure the right way to say it. I do think though that if you mix it with actual fruit to lessen the strong taste it would be better in my mind. But I wouldn't recommend it to me its not bad but its not good either. Again my own bias taste.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment