Sunday, February 22, 2015

Opera Prima








Name: Opera Prima
Variety: Pink Moscato
Region: La Mancha
Country:Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $10 (sale for $6.95)

Winery review: A blend of Muscat 97% and Tempranillo 3%. This fine sparkling presents an intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flower petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on its own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts. Serve it very cold, between 7 and 9°.

My review: I really really liked this one! I was sweet and a bit fruity. I wanted to immediately try it with rocky road ice cream as odd ad that sounds because I felt that this would go great with the dark coco taste of the ice cream since it was sweet and fruity. I have in the past tried Moscatos but found that I didn't like them the server though told me it was a good chance that I didn't keep it cold which i didn't I also learned that putting ice into wine(something i've done quite frequently) actually cuts the flavor of the wine since when the ice melts it dilutes the wine. Ranting aside I would recommend this wine and I bought a bottle of it just to continue testing

***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment