Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ilurce



 

Name: Ilurce

Variety: Tempranillo

Region: Rioja, Spain

Country: Spain

Year: 2008

Price: $14 (sale for 5.95 fishy if you ask me over half off…)

Winery review: (88 points Stephen Tanzer) Dark purple. Zesty, youthfully medicinal aromas of dark berries, licorice and cracked pepper. Juicy and fresh, with smooth texture and sweet cherry and spice flavors framed by dusty tannins. Finishes with a suggestion of slightly roasted fruits and good clinging persistence. Delivers a lot of power and richness for the money.

My review: Was not a big fan of this one personally was far too dry for my taste and the licorice taste I didn’t like either. Nothing against the wine itself im just not a fan of licorice and when I was able to taste it in the wine I was turned away from it. Would not try again.

***I did not eat anything with this wine***

No comments:

Post a Comment