Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tonnino















































Name: Tonnino
Variety: Syrah 
Region: Italy
Country: Spain
Year: 2013 
Price: Regular Price $14 Sale $7.95

Winery review:    



An intense red color. Aromas of violet and blackcurrant enriched by hints of liquorice and black pepper. In the mouth it is full, round, slightly tannic and with a spicy note on the finish.

My review:
This one was a tie breaker for first in my book this week. I really like this one and the Sancerre it to me tasted like I was eating a peice of licorice with pepper and at the same time took a small bit of alcohol and mixed it all at once then it dries out and leave your tongue with just the peppery taste after the little ride ends. I really enjoyed this wine and while I ended up buying a bottle of the  Sancerre since I felt Id want to share that with a few people I feel that if I had a higher budget I would entirely try to buy both of these for drinking with foods. I felt that while the Sancerre needed meat or something with fat to off set its taste this to me felt like if I ate vanilla cake(if I ate cake) would go well together but again I would be willing to drink it alone as well. 


***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment