Sunday, February 28, 2016

Dom Michel Thomas Sancerre













































Name: Dom Michel Thomas Sancerre
Variety: Sancerre Rose 
Region: Loire
Country: France
Year: 2013 
Price: Regular Price $32 Sale $8.95

Winery review:    

90 – Stephen Tanzer
Bright orange-pink. Lively, mineral-tinged aromas of fresh red berries, orange peel and honeysuckle, with a hint of anise building in the glass. Dry and nervy in the mouth, offering vibrant strawberry and orange pith flavors and a suggestion of rose pastille. The floral element comes back on the finish, which lingers with very good spicy persistence

 My review: 
Dear god this along with the Tonnino were my favorite. This one immediately dried my tongue from the sweet wines that were tried before. I like this type of feeling personally I like that it had a fruity/earthy kind of taste that keep my mouth very puckery. It was a bit weird at the end and kind of tasted like the spray cans of air freshener to me personally and tasted like i needed to eat something with it like meat or something to cut away some of the dryness. Like i eat something and drink a sip to take away major tastes from other things if that makes any sense.
 
***I did not eat anything with this wine***


No comments:

Post a Comment